I can only encourage reading “The Alchemist” by Paolo Coelho. Considered as one of the top 10 books of the 20th century.
The Alchemist follows the journey of a shepherd boy named Santiago.
The underlying message is a guide to fulfilling your life purpose, or as Paolo Coelho calls it, “your personal legend”. It will teach you that not only can you pursue your personal legend but that you must.
Underlying messages I captured are:
1. To understand our personal legend, we first have to open our eyes what the universe is showing us, and our ears to listen to what our heart is telling us. They will point us to our life purpose.
2. The only thing that is holding us back is yourself. It won’t be easy, many reasons why not to do something, people will tell us it’s impossible or too many people are doing it. But at the end of the day, we have our lives under control.
3. We must take risks to win rewards. We will fail along the way. When this happens, we have to get back up. It’s the number of times we get up that counts. Something that seems like a curse, might be a blessing.
4. Focus on the present. Do we need to plan for our future, yes; learn from our mistakes, of course! But we can’t waste our energy thinking of the past and spend too much time towards the future. Step by step we will reach our goal.
5. If we want something, all the universe conspires us to achieve it.
If you read the book, what did you think?
Input is always appreciated :-)!